Friday, August 3, 2012

A Creek In My Neck

Thursday, August 2: Minerva, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 25
Lot: Brock Park

The route slip warned us that we were going to be set up on a difficult lot. The tent and the majority of the vehicles were inside ball field surrounded by a fence; it was pretty tight in certain areas.
One tight spot in particular was where I was parked. I had a guy line from the tent preventing me from pulling my truck very far from my trailer; this made unloading the hillbilly box difficult since it is so heavy that we require ramps to get it out of the truck. We managed, but barely.



I'm not sure why I couldn't have been parked in this area, where I would have had plenty of room to easily remove the props.



I even arrived early in Minerva; I was the second trailer to be parked inside the fenced off area.
Oh well, what do I know? I'm just a clown :o)

Since we were by a little creek, and I had seen ducks swimming in it earlier, I took Emmie for a little exercise.
I wore my bathing suit and boots so I could go in with him. At first he was mostly interested in trying to kill me, but finally he relaxed and enjoyed swimming and bathing in the water.




video

There was a family from town admiring him, so I went over and talked to them for ahwile. I was proud of Emmie, he stood right by me the whole time and didn't attempt to tear me limb from limb like usual.

Jeff Potts was visiting with us again today; in fact, he made the jump with us this morning. We helped him develop some solo gags for the show he is creating. It was fun to get our creative juices flowing.

In closing, here's an article from the paper in Massillon talking about our show on Wednesday:

http://www.indeonline.com/features/x1519321046/Circus-comes-to-town

No comments: