Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Titan Against A Titan

Friday, August 3: Northfield, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 59
Lot: Northfield Village Retirement Grounds

Doug Kreust and Ed Limbach both came by this morning to say hello and invite me to lunch, but Ryan and I had some work to do on props, so I had to decline. We spent some time re-taping the big box for the package delivery bit, and we had to coat the hillbilly club in glue. We used the wrong kind of latex to make the club, and it has been deteriorating throughout the year.

I took a walk this afternoon and saw a bunch of our posters in the shopping center next door. Right next to ours were posters for Piccadilly Circus; they were playing in the same town as us, on the same day, and with the same showtimes!



They have been here since Wednesday, and they continue through Sunday. Right after I saw the poster, Ryan called and said that Tatiana had spotted their tent only a few blocks away from ours.
I walked the half a mile to where they were set up; they were located where we pitched our tent last year.



Today was a great mail day. Our biggest fan, Alex Paris, sent some great photos that he drew of me and Ryan. Thanks Alex!



Doug Kreust and Bruce Lish also sent gifts to Ryan in regards to our last Lane Talburt video interview. (Watch at 4:52) Thanks for the laughs, guys!



We had great crowds today, especially considering the unusual circumstances of two circuses competing for customers.
Go Kelly Miller!

1 comment:

Lane Taburt said...

If Ryan gets overwhelmed with the gifts, he can always divert a few my way. Which reminds me of the old vaudeville skit about the Czech midget who was trying to evade the law on a cold, rainy night. He knocks on the door of a cabin on the woods, and when it opens, he desperately asks, "Pardon me, madam, but could you cache a small Czech?"........