Thursday, August 30, 2012

BOING!

Wednesday, August 29: Knox, IN-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 33
Lot: Corner of Culver & Roosevelt

There was a laundromat less than a mile from the lot, so I walked there in the morning to wash my clothes. When I got back to the lot, I cleaned my trailer. Hooray for productivity!

Ryan and I later walked to the same area where the laundromat was to check out a hardware store. We browsed and located items we can use to build props for next year.
Ryan wanted to go ahead and purchase everything, but I dissuaded him because a) I don't want to add any more junk in my truck that we have to load and unload for the remaining 9 weeks, and b) it was all basic stuff we can buy when we're in Hugo.

My friends Beth Grimes and Kyle Winchester came to visit between shows. Kyle brought a bag full of delicious Asian snacks, and Beth brought a pair of Converse sneakers with paintings of me and Ryan on the sides that she did JUST THIS AFTERNOON! Amazing!



Kyle and Beth watched the second show, and once again they amazed the other performers with what good audience members they are.

I cracked our friends, a large portion of the audience, and myself up with a quip that I threw out in the package delivery bit.
As we were entering the ring, there was a teenager with a big, round, poofy hairdo sitting in my way. The instant I saw him, the words, "Holy afro, Batman!" escaped my lips.
I was very happy that my Tourette moment was so well received by the audience.

After the shows Beth and Kyle picked up some pizzas and we had a little party in my trailer. The chowing down and laughter we shared was a lot of fun, and kept me up way past my bedtime.

No comments: