Friday, August 17, 2012

Get Outta My Way!!!

Thursday, August 16: Wixom, MI-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 31
Lot: Gilbert Willis Park

This morning Ryan brought over a tentative running order for the 2013 Kelly Miller Circus. We talked about our involvement in the show and our new gags. We also began ordering supplies for props and costumes.

Tavana tipped me off about a funny location of one of our posters:


I think they're trying to tell us something!

The audiences tonight were great; however, we experienced a couple of hurdles. 
When we run into the ring to do opening, there is a guy wire hanging incredibly low that has been blocking our path more and more each day.
In the second show I seriously could not get by it. The wire was so low that it hit my waist as I tried to run past. I couldn't go to my left because the tiger arena was there, and if I went to my right, there was a quarter pole in the way.
Ryan and I got "tangled" in the rigging for an almost uncomfortable amount of time, before finally freeing ourselves to begin the opening. 

To continue with the theme of obstacles in our way: before package delivery Ryan and I were entering the marquee tent from the side, and we almost stepped on a baby!
A lady was changing her baby on the ground right where we enter the marquee; it gave us quite a start.
I should have asked the lady if she could change me next.

No comments: