Tuesday, August 7, 2012

KI

Monday, August 6: Kelleys Island, OH-4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Miles: 60
Lot: Ball field

I was in such a deep sleep this morning that I didn't even hear the tent stakes being pounded. When I woke up I wondered if everything was late; I looked outside I saw they were already raising the big top.

I went over to make some lunch plans with Radar and Elisa, and I saw the KM WQ caretaker, Dudley, his daughter, Carol, and her husband, Rich. I was surprised to see them on the island. It turns out that a friend of Dudley's owns a bed and breakfast here; she paid for his trip up here because he helped her out by giving an interview for a circus project she was working on.

This afternoon I went joy riding around the island, and I also stopped by the beach for a quick dip in the water.
The rest of my time I spent looking through the different shops around town.

The people on Kelleys Island love our show. Last night there were big crowds lining the roads when we got off the ferry. Everyone was smiling, waving, cheering, and shouting, "Welcome!"
That support continued tonight for the performances.

After work a lot of people from Kelly Miller ended up at the Village Pump, which is the island hangout.
Mr. North was generous enough to buy everyone's dinner. Yeah, our boss rocks.

I always enjoy joy riding around the island in the evening, but tonight there was a cold wind blowing, and I just wasn't comfortable.
A few people were going bar hopping, but I declined. I was worn out and wanted to get a decent night's sleep so I could enjoy my last day on the island.


2 comments:

Tejano said...

Is this the island where the infamous golf cart incident took place?? :)

Steve Copeland said...

You got it!

Steve