Thursday, August 9, 2012

MTV

Wednesday, August 8: Gibsonburg, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 40
Lot: Williams Park

Ryan and I watched a good Spanish horror film this morning called "Rec". I highly recommend it if you like to be scared.

While I was walking around this afternoon, I discovered a pond right next to the front yard.
I took Emmie over to swim, but he didn't want to leave my side (i.e. he was biting my legs the whole time). It was too deep for me to wade out with him, so I tossed him out to the middle a couple of times. As soon as he hit the water, he would jet back to solid ground. I finally gave up; it was too hot to be standing around outside for too long anyway.

Rich Deptula came back by today to drop off photos for me and Ryan of our visit to his house on Sunday.
He also brought a great surprise gift for me, the 118th Edition Ringling program from 1989. That was the first circus I saw as a child, and I have been looking for that program for years. I have the program from 1988, the first year of the tour, but the second year version (with the clowns that I saw) is very difficult to find online.
I was so happy that Rich gave me his copy. It was a great gift that really made my day.

Bob Wink, a shrine clown from Bowling Green, came by to say hello before the shows. He watched the first performance with his wife, and afterwards he came by my trailer and dropped off a fruit free roll for me and Ryan. We were definitely enjoying hospitality and generosity today.

Some of the circus kids (under the direction of Delena), were going around filming clips of people from the show dancing.
It's going to be made into a music video that should be hilarious. As soon as I can get my grubby paws on a copy, I'll post it here.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Does RBBB still print up new programs for the second year of the tour or did they stop?
Thanks a lot!
Matthew

Steve Copeland said...

Hey Matthew,

The last second year program that Ringling ran was in 2001 for the Blue Unit.
So there is no "official record" of my first year on the show.

Steve