Sunday, August 12, 2012

Peek A Boo!

Saturday, August 11: Wayne, MI-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Miles: 57
Lot: Attwood Park

It was another dreary, overcast day; luckily it didn't rain again. My agent suit (main costume) and clown shoes were still soaked from the deluge last night. Nothing could dry.

About 15 minutes before the show, Mike the drummer ran up and asked if I had a CD with our new music tracks on it. I told him to ask Ryan.
The show's computer crashed close to showtime, and the back up music was loaded onto another computer. The only tracks that were missing were our new opening, the new ending to the package delivery bit, and the song we play at the start of the second half.
Damn us and our fickle fancies!

Ryan gave the band a CD with the tracks that were missing, but none of them played during the show. It wasn't that big a deal for the opening and second half opening, but without the track for package delivery, the gag had no ending.
I stumbled through an ad lib to get us out of the ring, and I don't think the audience was any the wiser.

Luckily our music cues were all fixed for the second show. Both audiences were fantastic today, which helped me get over the hiccups in the first show. I think Wayne was very excited about the circus being in town.
I don't know why, when this horrifying sight was advertised on the front of the monthly paper:

Lock your doors! 

No comments: