Monday, August 13, 2012

Picture Perfect

Sunday, August 12: Ypsilanti, MI-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Miles: 13
Lot: Lakeshore Apts. Golf Course

Today was a nice, sunny day. On top of the good weather, we had friends visiting us. Carol and Johnny Thompson came bearing lots of gifts for me, the Combs family, and Radar.
I received a copy of Dick Van Dyke's autobiography, a jar that reads "Steve's Man Cave Snacks" (Carol brought me a Steve's Man Cave floor mat last year. Next, a flashing neon sign!), and an awesome laundry bag with pockets for detergent, change, etc. I made out like a bandit!

During the shows today I watched "The Greatest Show on Earth". I was talking to Eggroll earlier today as he was heading to Big Apple winter quarters, and he said that his arrival would be like that of "The Great Sebastian", since Eggroll is the last performer to arrive (rehearsals begin on Monday).
Him saying that made me want to watch the movie again. There are so many corny lines in the film that Ryan and I get much enjoyment from, but besides that I genuinely do enjoy it.

In addition to showering us with gifts, the Thompsons also treated us to dinner at a Mexican restaurant after the shows.
Towards the end of our meal, some of the Fuscos came in to dine; they had with them Yvinson, who is the clown on Circus Pages.

Ryan and I worked with Yvinson on Ringling in 2006. Pages was only 20 miles or so from us today; it was good to see him and briefly catch up.

In closing, here are a few great shots that I purchased from John Tremblay earlier this year.

Cut To The Chase-2011

Knocked For A Loop

The Calm Before The Storm

1 comment:

T.J. Powell said...

great photos. I would love to be able to get that close during a performance to get some shots.