Friday, August 10, 2012

Point To The Place!

Thursday, August 9: Point Place, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 30
Lot: Friendship Park

This morning a lot of people showed up for the tent raising. One group made themselves at home under Ryan's RV awning; one man even got comfortable sitting on Ryan's doorstep. When they moved on, they left all their trash under the awning.
What nice, classy people!

Becky came by my trailer after the tent raising with a box of donuts. She told me that the lady who brought them for us was still around if I wanted to thank her.
When we walked over, I recognized the lady as Mary, a classmate of mine from Mooseburger Clown Arts Camp back in 2000 and 2001.
We caught up a bit and she told me that she was coming to the 4:30 show. I don't believe I've seen her since the last day of camp in '01, but she said she's been to Kelly Miller before.

It was a dreary, overcast day, but the audiences tonight were fantastic. Oh how easy it would be if they could all be as good as the 7:30 crowd....

After the show there was a knock on my door. It was Barb, a circus fan that knows our friends (and tent founders) the Freestate Clown Alley #30. We chatted shortly and she passed along her greetings from the Alley.

No comments: