Sunday, August 5, 2012

Schotzy Lulu

Saturday, August 4: New London, OH-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Miles: 59
Lot: Recreation Park

The last 25 miles of the jump this morning just seemed to go on, and on, and on, and.....

....on, and on, and on!

It was a hot, sweaty day. The second show in particular was tough to get through.

I borrowed John Moss' air compressor to make sure my trailer tires were filled up. I want everything to be ready to go for the jump to Kelleys Island tomorrow night.

I was talking on the phone with my friend, Jeff Schott, after the shows, and he warned me of storms that were heading our way.
I started to hear thunder and see lightning flashing, so I excused myself from the conversation so I could get Emmie loaded up before things got bad.
Luckily I was done before the rain hit. If we got any terrible weather during the night, I slept right through it.

No comments: