Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Poet And Heart Attack Overture

Tuesday, August 28: Hebron, IN-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 30
Lot: Next to Family Express

After unloading the props, Ryan and I went to have lunch at a local eatery that I remembered from two years ago.
I saw this on the menu:



Now, as you all know, Ryan and I love competitive eating, but today neither of us felt like succumbing to cardiac arrest.
Danny, Tavana, and Arwen came in to dine as we were finishing our meals, and they seemed shocked and disappointed that we didn't give it the old college try.
You know the old saying though, "He who doesn't take the heart attack challenge today, lives to have a heart attack in another way!"
Or something like that.....

On our walk to lunch I spotted a market, so I was able to check grocery shopping off my to do list.

Today I watched Spike Jones during the shows to give me inspiration. I haven't watched any of his stuff in over a year; too long, if you ask me.
Here's one of my favorite Spike pieces:



The second audience tonight was great; they made performing a lot of fun. The first crowd was surprisingly lively as well.

Becky set up a deal with the bowling alley adjacent to the lot. She promised the woman running the joint that around 30 circus people would give her their business if she'd stay open about an hour later than usual.
She agreed, and sure enough after the shows about 30 people wandered over to eat and bowl. It was a lot of fun, and I surprised myself with how well I did. My score was in the triple digits; I can't remember the last time I bowled that well.

No comments: