Thursday, August 23, 2012

Triple D!

Wednesday, August 22: Grand Haven, MI-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 61
Lot: Harbor Island

This morning Ryan and I drove to the next town over so we could shop for fabric at JoAnn's. We were very disappointed in their selection. We thought it was sad that even though we went for only three things, we could only find one. On the plus side, the one item we bought was the thing we were most worried about finding.

I drove to downtown Grand Haven this afternoon so we could walk around and see the sights.
We found a great used bookstore where I picked up a Laurel and Hardy book; I couldn't remember if I had it already, but at the low price the owner was selling it, I would have been stupid not to buy it.

There was a huge camp group made up of kids that was taking up the majority of a seat wagon at the first show. At the start of the second half, they all got up and filed out of the tent.
I watched them all leave as I was playing my cornet; it was a depressing sight. I'm not sure why they couldn't have left during the 20 minute Intermission, or God forbid, finish watching the show.

My friends and fans, the Agular family, came to see me at the second show. I spent the whole Intermission visiting with them. Unfortunately, Landon, the father of the family, couldn't make it, but it was still great to see them.


No comments: