Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Breaking Mad

Monday, September 10: Round Lake Beach, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 35
Lot: Civic Center

Our friend Jeannie brought some breakfast from Panera Bread for me, Radar, and Elisa. It was a delicious way to start off the morning!

I walked over to Starbucks after eating so I could use their Wifi to download the newest episode of "Breaking Bad".
Last week's episode had a heck of a cliffhanger ending, and I couldn't wait to see what happened next.
You can imagine my dismay when I discovered that not only was there not a new episode this week, but I will have to wait until next May to see the next episode!
Apparently there was a deal made where the final season would be 16 episodes long, instead of the standard 13. Because of that, they aired the first 8 this year, and the final 8 will come out next summer.
DRAT, DRAT, AND DOUBLE DRAT!

Ryan and I walked over to a couple of fabric stores to buy material for our friend Alex Zaprudsky, and also for new gag costumes for us.
Speaking of our friend Alex, he arrived today. He is going to be visiting for a few days.

The ground in the tent tonight was terrible: uneven and as hard as my head. Luckily the audiences were great and helped make up for the shin splints we developed on account of the terrain.

The generator was having issues tonight. It died at the start of the first tiger act, and it died at almost the exact same point in the second show. Then again right at the end of the tiger act. Then again at the start of the cradle act. That meant no music and no lights.
After the show power was diverted to the back up generator, it was smooth sailing from then on.

During the package delivery bit, I quipped over the microphone, "Ladies and gentlemen, we're Steve & Ryan: the one act that's better in the dark."

No comments: