Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Broomhilda

Tuesday, September 11: McHenry, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 19
Lot: Peterson Park

This morning after the jump Ryan, Alex, and I hit my two favorite spots: Starbucks and Panera Bread. McHenry is a great town for me, consumerist hog that I am, because it contains most of my favorite restaurants and shops.

After breakfast I worked on Alex's clown costume. Ryan and I started it a year ago to repay Alex for all the great promotional work he's done for us (business cards, logo, website, etc), and we still haven't finished it. We're such terrible friends....

My friend Don Lansu came to visit this afternoon; he took me, Alex, Ryan, Tatiana, and Nico to lunch. He was also nice enough to run us by Target for some shopping. This lady was in front of me in line buying up all the eye of newt.


A few weeks ago Don e-mailed me and offered to film our material for us. Since things have changed since Bruce Johnson filmed the show in Massachusetts (i.e. replacing the Angry Birds gag with trumpets), and we have tightened up the hillbilly and surfboard gags (We watched them at the DeSanto's house last week. We couldn't believe how fast we were moving. We have since taken our time and found moments to play a bit), we graciously accepted his generous offer.
Don got fantastic footage for us. I just wish the audiences had been better.

No comments: