Sunday, September 23, 2012

Do You Read Sutter Cane?

Saturday, September 22: Island Lake, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Miles: 37
Lot: Water Tower Park

It was incredibly cold this morning, and to make matters worse, the wind was blowing without mercy.

Ryan and I continued our "Scare-athon" today with the film "In The Mouth Of Madness". It's not a great movie, but there are some creepy scenes and some inventive monster make ups. Too bad almost all of the creatures that the filmmakers created are only seen for a fraction of a second at a time; I suppose that increases their scariness.



I owe Castro a brake light, so I walked to a nearby Autozone to see if I could pick one up. Unfortunately they didn't have the style I needed. The search continues!

The tiger arena take down recently became a lot faster, which is nice for us. Now Ryan and I don't have to stretch out the package delivery bit so much.

The camels weren't working today, so Ryan and I had to bust our humps (hardy harr) to make it on time for the hillbilly gag. Sara and Delena's cradle act was all we had to make the elaborate costume change after package delivery.

Our friends Jeannie and Suzanne were at the second show, along with their friend Jewel. Every time that Jeannie comes to see the show, I screw up while playing my cornet. (From hearing me play, you might surmise that she has been at every performance this season)

After work our friends took me, Radar, and Elisa out to eat. Our first few choices for dinner were either too busy or closed, so we settled on a little diner in town.

Quite awhile after we had ordered, the waitress came back to tell us that a couple of things that we wanted were not available, and when she brought the check, she all but threatened us to leave so they could close up.
Needless to say, we were not very impressed with the service, a feeling I hope our tip conveyed.

1 comment:

Ryan Easley said...

It was the Island Lake Cafe, if anyone would wish a fair warning!