Sunday, September 30, 2012

"Firecracker"

Saturday, September 29: Rolling Meadows, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Miles: 17
Lot: Community Center Park

Ryan and I went to one of my favorite restaurants this morning for breakfast. We discovered the Egg'lectic Cafe our first year on Kelly Miller, and they have the best eggs benedict I've ever eaten.
After my delicious meal I felt as full as a tick. Kinda like this guy:



Google Maps informed us that there was a Half Price Books only 4 miles away in Elk Grove Village, so after running some errands we drove over to peruse their selection.
Unfortunately my phone led us on a wild goose chase, and there was no book store to be found.
We settled for a Barnes & Noble closer to Rolling Meadows so Ryan could look at their DVD section. Alas and alack, there were no movies at the particular store we visited.
We just couldn't catch a break!

Back at the lot, Valerie knocked on my door and presented me with a gift that she found at a yard sale.



I haven't named him yet, but this duck is a much better companion than Emmie. He doesn't bite me, he doesn't poop all over the place, and I don't have to spend any money on him.
Hmmmmmm. Perhaps it's time that Emmie went the way of Old Yeller....

A couple of weeks ago, John Moss took two of the old microphones to Shure headquarters in Chicago; today he put one of them into circulation as my microphone for package delivery. It worked great, and now he and I don't have to awkwardly share one microphone at the end of the number.

Between shows Ryan and I watched "Splinter" for our "Scare-athon". It wasn't great, but it fulfilled its purpose.

And this happened.

We discovered a funny new bit in the surfboard gag today just by playing around. Mr. North and Lamount both told me later in the evening how much they enjoyed it.

After the shows a group of us went downtown to a Tapas restaurant to celebrate Sara's birthday. There were about 17 of us, so we ordered a special where many of the dishes were brought out for the table to share.
Everything I tried was delicious!

2 comments:

JakeMG said...

I just wanted to say that we saw you guys at the Kelly Miller circus this summer when you visited Beecher, IL. We loved the whole show but you guys stood out. My 7 year old daughter has watched every video you posted to YouTube. We love you guys. She wants to be a clown when she grows up and seeing you guys only made her want to do it more. You two are truly great at what you do. Hope to see you again next year!

Steve Copeland said...

Jake,

That's awesome! Thank you so much for writing.
Be sure to visit our website at www.steveandryan.com
If your daughter ever has any questions about clowning, feel free to ask. I'll be glad to help any way I can.
Take care and see you next year!

Steve