Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I Never Drink....Wine.

Tuesday, September 18: Kingston, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 51
Lot: Kingston Park

I thought this morning's drive would be fairly quick since we were heading out of the city, but it still took two hours to go only 51 miles due to the large amount of stoplights.

Kingston, IL is about as different as can be from the mall town where we just spent four days. And you know something? I kinda liked being back in a small town with nothing to do; for one thing, it kept me from going out and spending money!

Ryan and I began our horror movie "Scare-athon" today. We were going to start October 1st, but we simply have too many films that we want to watch this year.
We kicked the event off by watching the 1931 horror classic, "Dracula". I had never seen it before, and although I can appreciate its importance to cinema history, it simply wasn't for me.
I'm sure it was very creepy when it first came out, but to me everything seemed hokey, especially the shots of Bela Lugosi hypnotizing his victims.


I mean, look at how silly he.......

.......

I. retract my previous. statement. Bela Lugosi. is the greatest. actor ever. I will. now watch all his films. including. the wonderful. "Plan 9 From Outer Space".
Now. I must go. find fresh blood for. my master.

.......

Sorry folks. I don't know what came over me. Luckily in my stupor I walked into my trailer door and snapped out of it.
Those crafty Hungarians! 

I was so happy to be back on grass after showing on cement for four days. As soon as I left my trailer in my clown shoes, my feet could feel the glorious difference.
On top of the comparative luxury of falling on soft ground, the show's audio was back to normal. 
It's good to be back on grass!

I really wanted to do laundry today, especially since my hillbilly costume got soaked in nasty water from last night's show, but my truck was blocked in.
My long johns smelled SO BAD. When I was putting on the long shirt, I almost suffocated from the horrible smell coming off my costume.

The audiences for both shows were fantastic. They laughed at all our material, no matter how subtle. Those are the shows I live for.

After work Ryan and I began establishing the schedule for the clown intensive we are teaching this winter.
One of our fans, who is an aspiring clown, contacted us a couple of months ago and asked us to conduct a workshop for him.
It is going to be a grueling 4 days, but I think all three of us are going to have a lot of fun.

3 comments:

john said...

Hey! As it turns out, I'm one of your fans... AND I'm also an aspiring clown. Can I get intense with you too? :)

Steve Copeland said...

John,

E-mail me at stclown@lowcountry.com

Steve

Harry Kingston said...

Steve,
Dracula was shot in 1930 and released in 1931.
Sound pictures were only 2 or 3 years old.
Dracula they played the music Swan lake at the start as the film did not have a musical back ground, all talking.
We have come a long way since those early talkies.
Also Universal made a spanish version at night using the same props.
Bela and Boris were the kings of horror back then.
Harry in Texas