Thursday, September 20, 2012

Join Us!

Wednesday, September 19: Elburn, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 26
Lot: Lions Park

I walked into town today, but there wasn't much going on. I had seen a sign reading "Market" on this morning's drive, so I figured I would check it out and pick up a few basic items that I needed.
Unfortunately it turned out to be a meat market, so I returned to my trailer empty handed.

To continue with our "Scare-athon", today Ryan and I watched the 1981 horror classic, "Evil Dead". Even though it was made on a shoestring budget, the makeup and gore effects are very impressive, and often quite ingenious.
Ryan and I had a good time pausing certain scenes to admire the filmmakers' handiwork, and to get ideas for Halloween.

I think I dated her....

The wind was blowing like crazy today. Even though I have a protective door over my water heater, the gales were blowing in just the right direction that they kept snuffing out my pilot light. It was extremely frustrating.

Before the first hillbilly gag, John Moss told us that the show computer was experiencing problems. Sure enough, halfway through the hillbilly gag the music just stopped.
Ryan and I carried on as if nothing was amiss, and the audience still laughed at our moldy, old antics. No harm, no foul.

During the peanut pitch the computer problem was fixed, and there were no more sound issues for the evening.

Even though they stuck with us through the music snafu, the audiences tonight were a bit tame for my taste. 
I could especially feel the lack of energy when we opened the show. It was almost as if there was a black hole in the atmosphere; quite a strange phenomenon. 
Likely the wonderful audiences in Kingston the night before spoiled me.

Since we are heading back into the Chicago suburbs again, we made the jump to Lyons, the next town, after the shows.
The stop lights I encountered on the drive were bad enough; I can't imagine how much city traffic would have slowed us down if we had waited until the morning to drive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"No harm, no foul". How about a foul smell coming from your not washed hillbilly costume?