Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Make Out With That Moose

Monday, September 24: Richton Park, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 48
Lot: Lakewood Fields

Today for our "Scare-athon" Ryan and I watched "Cabin in the Woods". I have been very excited to see the film since it came out in theaters, and it did not disappoint me.
I thought the movie put a very clever spin on the stereotypical "young people in trouble" plotline, and there were tons of surprises and homages that I, as a Horror fan, loved.

(I'm not putting a photograph, because I don't want to give away anything to those of you who haven't seen the film yet)

The audiences tonight were great. There was one interesting thing about them though, especially for the second show. The crowd would be right there with us for each gag, laughing loudly at everything, even the subtle stuff. Then, when we'd get to the blow off (surprise ending of the gag), the people seemed indifferent. We expected huge laughs, considering their response for the rest of the material, but the endings didn't seem to pack a punch for them.

In the first package delivery bit, a lady in the audience was handing a box of Swedish Fish to her husband as I passed between them.
I begged, like the dog I am, and she rewarded me with a couple of fish. I gave one to Ryan and commenced chewing mine.

As many of you know, Swedish Fish take awhile to chew. I was still working on mine during the lengthly package delivery blow off where the contents of John Moss' package shatter.
Since I hadn't finished by the time the sound effect was over, I spit my half chewed fish into my palm and offered it to John as consolation.

There is a gentleman who lives in the area that is a big fan of our show. He saw the performance first in Crete, then retuned a few days later in Beecher, and we saw him again tonight in Richton Park.
If you ever read this sir, thank you for your enthusiasm and patronage!

No comments: