Saturday, September 1, 2012

Monkey See....

Friday, August 31: Beecher, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 45
Lot: Fireman's Park

This morning Christian, Radar's groom, rode with me to Beecher because he overslept and missed his usual ride. It was nice having someone to talk to and keep me company on the drive; the skeleton that usually rides shotgun with me is not a great conversationalist.

Our friend, Mike Johnson, and his son, Alex, came to visit today. Mike brought me a Ringling Bros. coloring book from 1979.
Mike and Alex watched the first performance. I felt bad for them (and the rest of the audience) because it was so hot and humid in the tent.

Between shows Ryan and I had a great time laughing and sharing stories with our visitors. Jackpotting is one of my favorite parts of being in the circus; and it didn't even make me go blind like my mom told me it would!

I couldn't believe it, but it was more humid for the evening show than it was in the afternoon when the sun was out!

While we were loading up our props and getting my truck hooked up to my trailer, Ryan was having to hold Nico to keep him out of mischief.
Nico was making me laugh, because whenever Ryan would motion with his hands for me to back up, turn my wheel, or go forward, Nico was copying his dad with a big grin on his face. It was too cute!

We all had to move off the lot after the shows because a lot of rain was expected during the evening due to Hurricane Isaac.

No comments: