Sunday, September 9, 2012

Portrait Of Greatness

Saturday, September 8: Lake In The Hills, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Miles: 52
Lot: Sunset Park

Our advance clowns, Dave and Sherri, came by to visit today. They took me to brunch and I also got to do some grocery shopping. It was nice to visit with them for the morning.

It was a nice, cool day: perfect weather for doing shows. Between performances my friend Jeannie came by to visit with me and Radar. She came bearing gifts; I got this beautiful painting featuring Felix Adler, Emmett Kelly, Annie Frattelini, Red Skelton, Lou Jacobs, and Otto Griebling. Score!



Since we have a long break between shows on Saturdays, and also since we were right next to a pond, I threw Emmie in so he could swim.
Usually he jumps right back out of the water, but this time he was having a ball. I was afraid that he wouldn't come back to me!



My friend Don Lansu, as well as his wife and daughter came to see the second show. I visited with them during Intermission and briefly after the show.

Due to some stupid city ordinance, we cannot stay overnight in Lake In The Hills, so after the show I packed everything away and headed to the next town, Harvard.
Luckily it was an easy drive. It started to rain after I arrived, but I was already unhooked and set up, so I relaxed inside where it was nice and dry.

No comments: