Friday, September 21, 2012

Snazzy!

Thursday, September 20: Lyons, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 40
Lot: Smith Park

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I was just in a foul mood right from the start; the large number of school kids wandering through the back yard and harassing my duck certainly didn't help improve my humor.

I had a very productive morning at least. I walked to the laundromat and I also ran by the post office while my clothes were washing.
When I got back to the lot Ryan and I spent the afternoon working on paperwork for our circus clown intensive. It's going to be great!
Unfortunately we didn't have any time for a horror movie today; we'll have to double up at some point.

Our friend Susan from the Brookfield Zoo came by to visit today. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to visit with her, but I saw her in the seats during the first performance.

I was still in a funk at the beginning of the first show, but after realizing that I phoned in my performance for the package delivery bit, I snapped myself out of it and got my head into the game.

The second audience, a lively Latino crowd, really put me back into a good mood. They reminded me of the fantastic audiences we have down in the Rio Grande Valley; I can't wait to go back there next year.

We had to jump to Elmhurst, the next town, after the show, but I didn't even break a sweat doing it. It was a quick, easy 10 mile jump, made even easier because Castro fixed the left turn signal on my trailer.
Now at least I'll know that if people won't let me merge to the left, it's not because they don't know my intentions, but rather that they are jerks.

In closing, here is the outfit that we made for our friend Alex Zaprudsky in return for all the great promotional work he has done for us.
Looking good, Alex!



No comments: