Saturday, September 15, 2012

T. Baby

Friday, September 14: Vernon Hills, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 21
Lot: Hawthorne Mall

After being able to sleep in for a couple of days, I did not want to wake up at 5:50 this morning. I kept hitting my snooze button until I finally made myself get up at 6. 
As I was getting ready to roll, Christian came over and jumped in my truck. Apparently he didn't feel like waking up this morning either and missed his ride.
I told him that he was lucky that I was feeling lazy too.

The circus is set up in the parking lot of a beautiful mall in Vernon Hills, so naturally many folks headed over to browse and shop after their morning work was finished.
I did my rounds with Ryan, Tatiana, and Nico, but I refrained from spending any money. I have too much good eating to do in the next few days to squander my money on anything else!

In the afternoon Ryan and I watched a few episodes of "Family Guy" that I had not seen yet. I was lying on the floor of Ryan's motorhome, minding my own business and enjoying the DVD.
Nico crawled up into his little recliner, stood up, and then jumped feet first onto my ribs. I think that's how he shows affection.
The good thing is that when I go back to being a birthday party clown, I can add "human trampoline" to my skill list, right alongside balloon animals and face painting.

The Norths returned to the show today. It looks like Ryan and I will have to actually start trying to be funny again!

Although I love being by a mall and staying in one place for four days, I hate being on asphalt. My legs were not happy with me about halfway through the shows.
On top of that, the acoustics drive me crazy, especially in the package delivery bit. 
I guess I just have to suck it up and console myself in the loving arms of Barnes & Noble when I'm not working.

No comments: