Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tango & Paprikash

Tuesday, September 25: Crest Hill, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 28
Lot: Prairie Bluff Golf

On this morning's jump I had to slam on my brakes to avoid going through a traffic light. When I got to Crest Hill, I went inside my trailer to survey the damage; all the paperwork, pens, and other paraphernalia that was on my dinette table was on the ground.
grumble grumble

I ran some errands this afternoon; nothing too exciting, though. I went to the post office, picked up a brake light that I owed Castro, and put fuel in my truck.

Today Ryan and I watched the horror film, "Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark". We were not impressed.
I saw the trailer in theaters two years ago, and it scared the pants off of me (which in turn scared everyone around me):



Sadly the movie did not live up to my lofty expectations. The one funny thing about the film was that the girl in the lead role looked like Gigi, Sara's little girl.

It was surprisingly humid today. What with the drastic changes in weather, it can't be too long before sickness starts spreading through the backyard.

Jim Streit, a former Blue Unit clown from the early 80s, and Carol, his wife, came to watch the second performance.
Afterwards they were nice enough to take me to their beautiful home in New Lenox, IL where I was treated to some of Carol's delicious homemade chicken paprikash.
I haven't had any paprikash since our Hungarian friends made some for me and Ryan when we visited the Blue Unit in 2009. Carol's was excellent, and I had no problem polishing off two plates of it.

Jim and Carol were even nice enough to haul my sorry butt back to the lot in Crest Hill, even though Jim was only going to get a few hours of sleep before he headed to work. They made sure that I left their house loaded up with pasta and some of Carol's homemade sauce with sausage.
The Streits sure know how to take care of a fella!

No comments: