Monday, September 24, 2012

"You Should Hang In The Louvre"

Sunday, September 23: Itasca, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Miles: 29
Lot: Washington Park

The temperature got down into the 30s last night, so the generator ran all night long. I woke up at the same time that it was turned off, which was very disorienting to me.
The first thought that popped into my head was that I had fallen asleep last night and only slept for an hour or so until the usual weekend shut off time for the generator: 11:00 p.m.

We drove over some bumpy roads this morning, and when I got to the lot in Itasca I entered my trailer only to find that my olive oil bottle had fallen off the counter and shattered.
I spent the first part of my morning cleaning up the oil and shards of broken glass. On the plus side, I can now just eat salads off of my floor.

There was a photographer at the first show that was all up in my grill during package delivery. I tried to make a bit out of it, but every time I turned around he would literally be right in my way or have his camera shoved in my face.
Ryan almost "accidentally" ran him down while he was carrying the big, cumbersome box, but the photo crazy man still didn't get the hint.

Once again there were no camels in the show, so we had to bust our humps (you liked it before, you'll love it again!) to make the quick change for the hillbilly gag.

Today I watched a movie that I have owned for five years, but never gotten around to viewing. It is called "The Night They Raided Minsky's", and if you're a fan of burlesque comedy, definitely check it out!
One of the stars, Norman Wisdom, plays the top banana in the film. He is phenomenal, and in my opinion, he steals the picture.

Pepe, who is currently working with Tom Dougherty on Cirque Arlette Gruss, introduced me to his work my final year on Ringling. Check it out for yourself in this clip from "Minsky's":



(Wisdom is the short comic)

We jumped to the next town, Richton Park, after the shows. I made it off the lot quickly after the performance ended, and I was the second trailer to arrive at the new lot.
I'm glad we made the jump at night; with all the stop lights plus morning traffic, the 48 mile drive would have taken hours!

After I was parked I unhooked and drove to Walmart to get my weekly grocery shopping out of the way. It was a smart move on my part to go tonight, because with the tent up I will be stuck on the lot.

1 comment:

Michael Newton-Brown said...

One of my fav films. Bert Lahr's last film before he passed. "Take 10 Terrific Girls..." is hysterical with the thin / fat chorus line. They have been trying to convert it aBroadway musical for years.