Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Elsberry Iced Tea

Hey everybody,

My apologies. Yesterday I had absolutely NO phone or internet service at the lot. You all know the drill; you get two blog posts today!

Monday, October 15: Warrenton, MO-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 29
Lot: Athletic Complex

I had a great morning. I got away from the lot for a few hours and got a lot accomplished: I did laundry, I got groceries, and I went by the post office to mail some of our autographed 8x10 photos, and a DVD to Pat Stevenson. The DVD contains a welcoming speech from Mr. North, Ryan, and myself that will be played at an upcoming convention for the Kapitol Klowns and the Emmett Kelly-Bello Nock CFA tent.

Today for our "Scare-athon" Ryan and I watched "13 Ghosts". It isn't the greatest horror movie I've ever seen, but I enjoyed watching it. My favorite part were the creative make ups for the titular spirits.



Gloria Wilkinson, the former head of wardrobe for the Ringling Blue Unit, came to visit today. I was glad she stopped by to see me and Ryan.

We always perform on rocks in Warrenton, so I had already mentally prepared myself; I made sure to be extra careful when I fell down in the gags.
We took the face plant out of the surfing gag to save my hands and wrists; the replacement bit still got a laugh, so I'll call that a win!
Roger Estill, one of my Facebook friends, let me know that he was coming to the second performance, so I went out at Intermission to visit with him. He showed me some pictures and video of his minature carnival. Very impressive stuff!


Tuesday, October 16: Elsberry, MO-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 39
Lot: Page Branch Park

As I wrote earlier, there was no cell or internet service for me today. Since I couldn't sit in front of Facebook all day and slowly rot my brain, I sat on my couch all day and watched a lot of the TV series "Nip/Tuck"....and slowly rotted my brain away.

I was feeling sick to my stomach and exhausted for the first show, so I tried not to over exert myself in the ring.
I felt much better for the second show, so the evening definitely ended on a positive note.

No comments: