Thursday, October 4, 2012

I Must Have "Mist" You

Wednesday, September 3: Marseilles, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 67
Lot: Commercial St.

The entire drive I was trying to remember what the town of Marseilles looked like. Once I pulled onto Main Street, I instantly recognized it.

Today for our "Scare-athon" Ryan and I watched "The Mist", which is an adaptation of a Stephen King novella. It was directed by Frank Darabont, who directed "The Shawshank Redemption" (great film) and the current Walking Dead TV series. In fact, I recognized a couple of actors in "The Mist" from that show.
The movie was alright; I just don't like films that rely heavily on computer generated effects. The ending was surprisingly dark; it definitely left an impression.


The lot today was terrible. There were so many holes, bumps, and ruts that we could hardly stand still, much less do any fancy footwork.
The hillbilly gag was definitely the most difficult (and exhausting) act to pull off.

It started raining a bit at the end of the second show. It rained on the jump this morning too, but we were free from bad weather for the majority of the day.
I was happy that it was a comfortable temperature in the evening. I made sure to enjoy since it is supposed to quickly turn very cold for the rest of the week.

2 comments:

Freelance Dork said...

I liked that movie overall. And yes, yes, yes about the ending. To its credit, it was also worlds better than _Dreamcatcher_.

Steve Copeland said...

You ain't just whistling Dixie!
Didn't you go to see "Dreamcatcher" with me and B?