Friday, October 5, 2012

I'm Just A Poor Boy

Thursday, October 4: LaSalle, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 24
Lot: Next to Midwest Center

Today's lot was just a block away from a Flying J. Hip hip hooray! What a glorious day! Are you going to stop rhyming, you say? I just may!

Our friend Alex Zaprudsky came to visit with us again today. He must be a glutton for punishment; he has hung out with us a lot this season.
He brought some delicious homemade lemon cookies (mmmm wemony fwesh!), and he also brought me an early birthday gift: freshly ground coffee, a GIANT coffee mug, and a framed picture of him with me and Ryan. Thanks Alex!

Alex was nice enough to take me, Ryan, Tatiana, and Nico to Walmart today. I dumped all of my saved change into the Coinstar machine so I would have cash to pick up the groceries I needed.
I had to do that, because I am dead broke this week. I'm so poor that my duck has started throwing bread to me.

The lot today was rough. Not as bad as yesterday's, but it still gave us a bit of a leg workout. It seems like all the worst lots are saved for the last month of the tour.
In addition, it was cold and rainy. I was surprised how much mud there was in the backdoor; the elephants created a trench on one side of the bandwagon that planks had to be laid across. Yuck.
The rain finally slacked off for the second show, but the temperature continued to drop. Remember when I complained about the heat this summer? I take it all back!

After work Ryan and I drove over to the Flying J to use their RV dump station. We wanted to do it tonight because we figured there would be a mad dash to dump in the morning (imaging that visual just made me laugh).
It turns out we probably would have been fine to wait, because there were three dump stations open. A big group could go through in no time.
Still, it was nice to get it done without having to rush to drive to the next town.

Ryan and I decided to just park at the Flying J for the night since there was space for us. I knew Radar, Christian, and Elisa were at the Denny's attached to the truck stop, so I went in to visit with them while they ate.

I wasn't planning on eating since I am so broke this week. I'm so poor that I can't afford to fly off the handle; I have to Greyhound off the handle instead.
Elisa took pity on my dire straits and let me eat the toast from her breakfast meal. Even though it was delicious, it actually made me feel worse that I had sunken to that level of mooching.

2 comments:

Alex Zaprudsky said...

Dericious.

Alex Zaprudsky said...

Also, you know the reason I come to the show is to see the famous "Five Count!"