Sunday, October 14, 2012

King Of The Rats

Saturday, October 13: Troy, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.

The show bought me and Ryan a new toy to use next year. It has been sitting at Radar's family's house for a few months now, and they finally brought it to the lot today.
What is it, you may ask? You'll just have to wait until next year for its unveiling. Wah ha ha ha!

Today for our "Scare-athon" Ryan and I watched the 1979 German film, "Nosferatu: Phantom der Nacht".
The movie is stylistic and atmospheric, which are fancy words for boring. At least we learned a little bit of the German language by watching the film.
For instance, did you know that "Byrgermeister" is the German word for mayor? It sounds like "Burger Meister", which instantly made me think of....



....Mayor McCheese! A burger that's the mayor! I feel like I've cracked the DaVinci Code!!!

"Blah"

I was feeling burned out today. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. I did not want to go out in front of the audience and do the same thing we've been doing for the past 36 weeks. I need a break!

Luckily Ryan and I had a great visit with Mr. and Mrs. North between shows, so that gave me the shot in the arm I needed to power through the second performance.

I joined Radar's family for dinner after the shows. When we got back to the lot the power had just been turned off.
All the vehicles on the show moved either off the lot completely or at least to the curb since rain was expected during the night.
In 2009 the lot in Troy was a hellish mud pit, so I could definitely understand the reasoning behind our move.

No comments: