Sunday, October 7, 2012

Look Out!

Saturday, October 6: Lincoln, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Miles: 55
Lot: Best Western Plus grounds

It was freezing this morning! Naturally, when I needed it most, my generator decided to overload every time I plugged in my little electric heater. Razzin' frazzin' $600 paperweight! (Please excuse my Yosemite Same profanity)
I bundled up in my trailer until the show power was turned on at 9 a.m. Well, actually it didn't come on until closer to 9:30 this morning; I paced back and forth with impatience until I was able to run my heater.

Unfortunately my little heater had a hard time keeping my trailer warm today. The wind was blowing constantly; without it, the day wouldn't have been nearly as cold.

During the first show, I was chasing Ryan in the skeleton chase. I was swinging my shovel around and mugging it up like usual. Then, most unusually, the shovel flew out of my hand, hit the bally cloth on the edge of the ring, and toppled head over end into the preferred seating section, missing a little girl by a few inches.
I quickly abandoned the schtick I was doing and made a big deal of fussing over the girl and making sure she was fine; luckily she was laughing the whole time.
I'm frankly surprised that the shovel left my hands at all. As cold as it was, I can't believe it wasn't frozen firmly in place.

After the shows (with no further endangerment to the audience), a bunch of folks from the show made their way over to the bowling alley next to the lot.
Jeremiah had set up a beer pong tournament with permission from the alley's owners. I was more interested in having something to eat, bowling, and staying warm!
Radar, Elisa, and I played two games. I am very glad that we decided more than one, because I was able to redeem myself from my dismal performance in the first game.
And no, no bowling balls went sailing off my fingers into the crowd!

No comments: