Monday, October 1, 2012

Merrily We Roll(ing Meadows) Along

Sunday, September 30: Rolling Meadows, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.

Radar, Elisa, and I went to Egg'lectic Cafe this morning. I just had to visit it one more time since it will be (at least) a year before I get to sample their delicious eggs benedict again.

I decided to get my weekly errands out of the way today since my truck was already unhooked; plus I had time on my hands and a replenished wallet (yay payday!). I did laundry and got groceries (reminder to self: never go to Walmart on a Sunday again).

After the first hillbilly gag we noticed that one of the tires on the laundry box was flat. Luckily Castro had the shop truck close to the back door, so I wheeled the box over and asked him to put air in the tire.
As soon as he filled it up, we could hear the air rushing right back out again. Castro determined that the problem was the inner tube inside the tire; he promised to fix it tomorrow when he had more time.
Thankfully the wheel stayed intact for one more show and being loaded into the back of my truck.

Our friend Jeannie came to see the show one more time before we leave the Chicago area; she brought delicious homemade cookies with her. Yum!
After work Jeannie took me, Radar, and Elisa out to dinner for one last hurrah.

No comments: