Sunday, October 21, 2012

Those Crazy Eye-Trallions

Saturday, October 20: Pleasant Hill, MO-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Miles: 40
Lot: fairgrounds

This morning's jump was over before I knew it. I had a lot on my mind, and with that to occupy me the miles just flew by.

Johnny Moss brought over my birthday present this morning; he got "Resident Evil 6" for me. Every year Johnny gets me a video game for my birthday (usually zombie related [he knows what I like!]) that entertains me through the winter months.

We were on a gravel lot today, and it was extremely dusty. I felt filthy every time I went back to my trailer after a gag.

Today for our "Scare-athon" Ryan and I watched the Italian movie, "Zombie". It's a werewolf film.
Just kidding.
It is (in)famous for two scenes: 1) an underwater fight between a zombie and a shark and 2) a woman getting a huge piece of jagged, sharp wood slowly shoved into her eye.

You're lucky I didn't put up the splinter picture...

I've seen the film before, but this time I was especially impressed by the shark scene because the actor playing the zombie a) does insane things with a shark (riding on its back, biting it, etc) and b)  has no visible eye protection or breathing apparatus for the lengthly underwater shots (did I mention he's opening his mouth to bite the shark?). Very impressive!

The second audience today was great. They really surprised me since I was expecting a reserved audience like at the first performance.

I joined Radar, Elisa, and Radar's grandmother for dinner after the shows; we went to a BBQ joint where the food was delicious!

When I got back to the lot I was anxious to play the video game that Johnny got for me. I turned it on, and about five minutes into my game the power shut off. Grrrr.
What especially frustrated me was that the generator was turned off at 9:50 p.m., over an hour earlier than the usual weekend shut off time.
I was not a happy camper about my forced curfew.

No comments: