Friday, October 12, 2012

Too Many Syllables

Thursday, October 11: Benld, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 38
Lot: Benld City Park

Every time we come to Benld, more and more businesses seem to be closed for good; it's a pretty sad sight.
I remember in 2009 our date in town was rained out and we had an impromptu day off since a suitable replacement lot couldn't be found.

A local clown, Rob Nacu, and his family came to see the first performance. While I was visiting with him at Intermission, there was a little boy stabbing me in the back with his light up sword.
Without even looking I reached behind me and quickly disarmed the child. After waiting a minute to let the lesson to sink in, I gave the sword back. Clown ninja skills, baby!

There were lots of power outlets around the lot, so many people (myself included) were plugged into city power all night.
I tell ya, having electricity all night really makes you feel like a human being!

No comments: