Friday, December 21, 2012

December 19 and 20

Our friend, Carol from Maryland, was going to visit on Wednesday to have lunch with us and hopefully see the show, but she called in the morning and told me that she was sick. We were bummed that we have to wait until next summer to see her again. (Get well soon, Carol!)

We had to go to two different restaurants for lunch because the service at the first (Olive Garden) was terrible. We sat for ten minutes without any wait staff asking for our drink or food orders; people sitting around us were getting served the whole time, even a table of people that came in after us. We promptly left in a huff. Actually it may have been a minute and a huff.....
After finding a replacement restaurant, we went Christmas shopping for the members of our cast.

The crowds and the shows were much better for us today. In particular I was feeling especially on target with the second performance. I was glad that my fan family got to see it.
My first year on the Christmas tour I met a Hungarian family while meeting and greeting with people in the seats. I practiced my limited Hungarian on them and created a rapport with their three girls.
The cool thing is that every year they come to the show and I get to see the girls grow up.

Ryan and I with Boglarka and Maura

I always get a pick me up from my visits with the Kearney family.

As soon as the show finished Ryan, Tatiana, Nico, and I jumped in the van and drove the 5 1/2 hours to Ryan's grandparents' house in Massachusetts. We got in about 4:30 a.m. and promptly fell into our beds.

On Thursday morning we visited with Ryan's grandfather and mother for a bit before going to have lunch at a delicious Brazilian BBQ restaurant.
We then headed to Blackstone, MA to see Ryan's dad and step mom. After visiting with them for several hours we headed back to Ryan's grandparents' house for more visiting.

After such a hectic 9 days of driving and performing, a nice leisurely day of visiting was exactly what we all needed.

No comments: