Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hang In There, Nico

Tuesday, February 19: Progreso, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
Miles: 25
Lot: Next to performing arts center

The diagnosis for Nico is that he has a clostridium difficile infection as well as some kind of abnormal pneumonia.
Pete told me that he seemed to be feeling better and was in pretty good spirits, all things considered. Ryan later told me that he's understandably bored and doesn't want to be in the hospital, but he will have to stay there for a few days at least. Poor little guy.

I spent an hour this afternoon organizing my receipts from last year. I want to try and get my taxes done before the end of the month.

I was pleasantly surprised by the crowds tonight. After the first show I was about ready to give up on the filler material I am doing in the second half, but it went really well in the second performance, which restored my faith in the bit.

After the show there was a great BBQ with "Cousin Grumpy", and his son, Logan, visiting from Circus Vasquez.
I had a great time visiting with everyone, and the food was delicious and plentiful.

1 comment:

Susabelle said...

Oh, goodness!! c-diff is terrible, can be way worse than other infections. Will be sending healing vibes his way. And yes, the hospital is the place for him right now, as they should be able to kick this before he goes back on the road!