Monday, February 11, 2013

"Hey Dude, You're Freaking Awesome!" - Little Boy

Sunday, February 10: Brownsville, TX-3:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 8:30 p.m.

Even though it was the second day of our first six pack (three shows Saturday and Sunday), I wasn't feeling too bad. I had a lot more energy than I did yesterday.

In the morning Ryan, Pete, and I went into the tent to work on the levels of our music and sound effects with Mike.
Unfortunately we didn't take into account how things would change with an audience in the tent, so we made a few more adjustments between the first two shows.

Ryan and I have taken to calling the little car "Christine", after the titular blood thirsty vehicle in Stephen King's novel.
Christine's hatred seems to be particularly geared (get it, cause it's a car!) towards Johnny Moss, who opens the curtain for us.
Ryan and I crack up every show because Christine's engine revs up noisily (and angrily) whenever Johnny walks into the backstage area.

The second show was a little weird, but I was happy that we closed the evening with a fantastic third show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I was reading about Christine not wanting to turn off, I thought of all the times my little fire engine wouldn't turn off. I was going to tell you about pulling off the spark plug cable, and then you add that someone else did it for you. You might have been a little more entertaining. I know I used to be. Gosh you got me laughing about getting shocked to turn off your little car. I can't wait to hear the future story about the steering wheel comming off enroute.

Happy driving through a ring curb doing the Flintstone breaking method.

Glad your all back and shareing your adventures.

"Mr. Bill"

Steve Copeland said...

Hey "Mr. Bill",

Thank you for all the heads up info about little car maintenance and disaster preparation.
Hopefully you and your family can see the car in action this year.

Steve