Monday, February 25, 2013

"Where Are The Other Two Clowns? The Ones That Were Performing Earlier."- Teenage Girl At Intermission

Sunday, February 24: Palmview, TX-3:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 8:30 p.m.

This morning I went over to visit with Rick Purdue and his wife. Rick is taking the pictures for the show's souvenir program; I saw some of the shots he has taken so far, and they are beautiful!
While we visited, we talked about the circuses we each saw during the winter.

While I was online getting pictures (seen in yesterday's blog post) from Mabelle Davison, she mentioned that she had to go make chocolate covered strawberries for company that was coming over.
I joked that she should send some to me, and then I got offline and went on with my day.

A little while later there was a knock on my door. I opened it, and John Moss was standing there with a plate of chocolate covered strawberries from Mabelle.
John had gone to the Davisons' house to pick up something, so Mabelle had sent the strawberries with him.
Hooray for begging and mooching!

Right before the first carpenter gag Christian was going to check the tire on the little car that had been flat yesterday.
He noticed that the rim, which is made of plastic, was broken. Since the act before us was finishing, Ryan and I quickly came up with an entrance without the car, as well as a way to get around the car bit we use in the middle of the gag.

It figures that we would have car trouble at the first show, when members of the Luna Bros. Circus were in the audience.
My friend, Ali, has been working with the show since January; it was good to see her again.
I met one of their clowns, 8 year old "Spaghetti". I tried to give him some encouraging words of inspiration; he said he's been clowning since he was 4.

Between shows Danny pulled a MacGyver and fixed the wheel of the little car. It was back in commission for the final two shows of the day.

Something was in my right eye today, and I finally had to take that contact out before the third show.
As if being blind in one eye wasn't bad enough, right before we started playing our trombones my slide fell off.
I had to quickly fix the problem with my bad depth perception before the song's introduction ended.
I made it just in time to play!

I have found that the second half of the tear down show is very hectic for me. Once it begins I don't stop until after finale.
I am looking forward to finding a better routine that will afford me a few moments to catch my breath on tear down night.

1 comment:

Tejano said...

Don't complain....

As you know, I have a black truck, it is now two tone, light sandy brown on the hood, back and top, speckled light brown and black on the sides. I wash it....two days later, with all the sand/dirt blowing around here, it regains the above mentioned color. sigh...