Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Wow, Thanks Mean Joe

Monday, February 11: Brownsville, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

This morning Ryan and I reworked the big mouth gag a little bit. Ryan wasn't happy with the blocking or the way it ended, so we put our heads together and came up with something better.
Ryan edited some new music, I gave the CD to Mike, and I talked Marshall through the new music cue.

There was a company meeting at noon to cover rules and regulations. Most everybody has been on the show before, but it's still important information.

The new blocking and ending for the big mouth worked out great. I was so proud of everyone involved for getting it perfect on the first try without any rehearsal.
Go team!

While we were signing coloring books at Intermission, a young lady came up to us with her nephew and asked if there was an ATM on the show.
We said the office might be able to help her out, but she said she'd just run across the street to the Walgreens.
As they were headed out of the tent, Ryan called after her jokingly, "Pick me up a Coke!"

Several minutes later, the woman returned and her nephew put two bottles of Coca Cola on our table. "He heard that you wanted a Coke", his aunt explained.
We were so pleased with the little boy's generosity that we bought a coloring book for him and wrote a nice message along with our signatures.
Yay, random acts of kindness!

Loading our props during the second show took a lot longer than it should have. We're going to have to figure out a better system.
I'm sure once we get a couple more tear downs under our belt we'll be much faster.

I celebrated the end of our run in Brownsville by having dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings one more time.
One town down, 200 and something towns to go!

2 comments:

Bianca Rivera said...

Last night's show was very delightful! My nephew thoroughly enjoyed it, as well! So much so that he got y'all those cokes ;) Thank you for YOUR kindness to him. I was very impressed. It taught him that it truly pays off. He wants to see the show in PI so bad! I'm so glad y'all have a blog! This was my second circus visit (the first was a couple of years ago) and since the first, I've been very interested in and intrigued by the culture of "circus life" and the industry. I will definitely be keeping up with your adventures!

Steve Copeland said...

Hey Bianca,

Thank you for writing!
I have corrected the blog. :)
Your nephew is definitely up there in our book; it's not every day an audience member buys us something to drink.
Please come on out to PI if you have a chance. We'll also be in Los Fresnos later on.
Just let us know if you come again so we can say, "Hello".
Tour dates can be found on our website: www.steveandryan.com
and if you haven't already, please like our fan page on Facebook.
Thank you again for writing, and I hope you continue to enjoy the blog.

Steve