Friday, February 15, 2013

"You Know You're Creepy When You Creep The Clown Out" -Woman At Intermission

Thursday, February 14: McAllen, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
Miles: 71
Lot: 83rd and 29th St.

This morning I went over to see how Ryan was feeling. The doctor told him not to put make up over his stitches, and since they are right above his mouth, he will be out for four or five days until they are removed.
Clowns get a bad enough rap for being scary; "Stitches" the Clown wouldn't exactly be helping our image.

While the tent was going up I got together with John Moss, Mike, and Marshall about my solo spots in the show, and what I would need from them musically and announcement wise.
Luckily I didn't have to give the band any new music. The stuff we have on the computer fit my needs perfectly; I just needed a couple of new cues.

My friend, Ramon, came over this morning with some pan dulce from a local bakery. I reluctantly shared it with Radar and Ryan.

I walked over to the Barnes & Noble next to the lot to browse for awhile, and then when I returned I rehearsed my solo acts for the shows.

Ramon brought his wife and a few friends to the first performance. My solo material went well; I was able to do our normal trombone routine by myself, and then I did a chair gag in place of the carpenter gag. For the mouth chase I did some quick cigar box juggling.
Ryan said he will play the mouth tomorrow when he is feeling better.

Naturally, I was overly critical of my work, but people leaving the tent after the show were very complimentary and seemed happy.

During the second show I tweaked the chair gag some more, but it still needs work. The pacing is a little disjointed....nothing a weekend of six shows won't fix!

After the last show there was a rehearsal for finale and the production number. Mr. North wanted a few changes in finale, so we implemented those and ran the number a few times.
While we were waiting around, Ryan explained to me that he tried to stay away from people today because it hurt to smile and laugh.
Being the good friend that I am, I started cracking jokes to make him laugh and bust his stitches.

No comments: