Monday, March 11, 2013

"God Bless The Clowns"- John Ringling North II

Sunday, March 10: Edinburg, TX-3:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 8:30 p.m.

Unfortunately, my throat was feeling worse today. Coughing throughout the day and having to talk really left my throat feeling raw. I'm sure my lack of sleep over the past couple of nights contributed to my sickness as well. Darn you, Daylight Savings!

In the second carpenter gag I was running around with the power saw in my hands when I tripped over one of our props laying on the ground.
I stumbled for a few steps, and just when I thought I was regaining my balance I tumbled over onto my side. Luckily I was able to roll and stand right back up again, but the fact that I was falling hard (without the benefit of breaking said fall with my hands) on cement, meant that I was sore and irritable after the act.

During the second Intermission the power went out. After awhile Ryan and I decided that enough time had passed, and that we needed to go into the ring to keep the audience entertained.
Luckily there was just enough sunlight out that the audience could still see us in the tent. Thank you, Daylight Savings!

We did some of our standard filler schtick, and Pete ran back to Ryan's house and got our juggling clubs for us. We kept going until the power came back on several minutes later.

The show's main generator blew a gasket, so it is out of commission for a few days until a replacement part can be obtained.

Show power was re routed to the smaller generator on the pole truck, but unfortunately that left all the trailers without power for the rest of the evening.
Thank goodness my little generator is working!

No comments: