Saturday, March 9, 2013

"I Like Money!"- A Toddler At Intermission

Friday, March 8: Edinburg, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
Miles: 30
Lot: Municipal Park

There were two pallets of boxes for Oscar sitting on the lot this morning, so a few of us had to wait to be parked until the forklift could be unloaded to move them out of the way.

We are in a park with a big pond next to it, so as soon as I was parked I took Emmie over to go swimming.
Unfortunately he wasn't interested and just returned to the shore to bite my legs. Sigh, that's my boy....

I went for a walk this afternoon to familiarize myself with my new surroundings. I explored the nearby pond some more; it was like being in duck Heaven!





I enjoyed watching them all swim and play. I figured it was time to leave when a couple of big, scary geese came out of the water and threatened to chase me away.

Everything is set up on a parking lot for the weekend; it was actually nice to be on cement. I could especially tell a difference (for the better) when we were driving the little car around the ring.

Nico played clown today. During the first show he got his face painted like Ryan, and he was made up like me for the second show.
You can see how excited he was about the whole prospect....



After the shows I joined Armando and his family, the Fuscos, and the Combses for dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant ever, Poncho's.
Unfortunately, first we had to tackle the obstacle of the locked gates. Yes, you heard me correctly. Locked gates.

Since we're on the grounds of a park, the gates are locked every night and re opened at 7 a.m. Meaning we are either trapped inside for the night, or locked out if we decide to try and enjoy ourselves after the shows.

It took us awhile to locate a key for the gates, and then by midnight we were on our way to eat.

The food at Poncho's is absolutely delicious. My friend, Ramon, took me to eat there a couple of weeks ago, and I just had to go back since we are only around the restaurant down here in the Valley.

I got a Molcajete, which was filled with prime rib, potato wedges, and awesomeness:


In addition to the great food we had entertainment as well. It was karaoke night, and the DJ was right by our table.
A group of dancers from Circo Vasquez were also at the restaurant, and they got up to grace us all with their dancing and singing talents.
We were cracking up because Nico was nonchalantly checking the girls out while they were dancing right in front of him. Atta boy!

It was about 2 a.m. by the time we had left the restaurant and returned to the lot. I know somebody who is sleeping in tomorrow!

3 comments:

Nicole Carmona said...

Steve and Ryan :) You guys are the best clowns in the entire world. The things you guys come up with are extremely hilarious, you also know how to keep a crowd going. :) When you were in Laredo, I was to shy to ask you guys anything, but I regretted it soon after. The circus is one of my favorite places in the world, the atmosphere, everything, it's pretty amazing and you guys somehow make it all that much better. Thank you for doing what you're doing and please don't ever stop and if you guys ever feel like its the end remember you'll always have y'all's #1 fan down here in Laredo, Texas. .:) Can't wait until you guys are out here again :)
-Nicole
P.S You guys are awesome at the trumpets :) Please respond back I know ya'll are busy so it's ok :) And let me know when you guys are coming back to Laredo.

Steve Copeland said...

Hey Nicole,

Thank you so much for writing. It is very rewarding to hear from our fans, and it certainly sounds like you are an avid one.
Hopefully we will see you the next time we're in Laredo. Then, don't be shy to come talk to us.
In the meantime, be sure to like us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/steveandryan

Thank you for your support!

Steve

Nicole Carmona said...

Thank you Steve. I'll make sure to keep that in mind next time. Say hi to Ryan for me. Have a nice night :)