Monday, March 18, 2013

Let's Get Pharr Away

Sunday, March 17: Pharr, TX-3:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 8:30 p.m.

It was hot and humid today; I feel lucky that the temperature has been fairly mild for the past few weeks.
During the first show, every time I looked into the audience I saw people fanning themselves. I took pity on them while performing as the big mouth, and I magnanimously spit on some lucky spectators. I think in hot weather the show should sell upgraded tickets to the "Splash Zone".

Ramon and his wife were at the first performance. He brought some pan dulce for me to share, and he also lent me his GoPro camera for a little project I've been itching to try.

Even with the sun down in the evening, I think I sweated more for the third show than I did at three in the afternoon.
At Intermission people were lined up to take their picture with the sweaty, stinky clowns. Must be a pheromone thing....

I hit a wall between the last two shows. I was very grateful that the audience was energetic; I needed that shot in the arm to get through the evening.

In closing, here are some fantastic photos taken by Rick Purdue while he was traveling with the show a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/partridgeroad/sets/72157632938235166/


3 comments:

Bruce the Clown said...

Steve!
Just viewed the entire set of linked photos- my compliments to everyone involved! Do you guys make your own wardrobe & props? Wherever you're getting stuff done, it looks great!
BTC

Steve Copeland said...

Hey Bruce,

We made the majority of our wardrobe (except for the carpenter gag costumes), and the majority of our props. Some of the tools is the carpenter gag came from a Hollywood movie company.
However, the mouth was all us.

Steve Copeland

Anonymous said...

How is your nose doing after bumping it and blowing it constantly? I am confused on the comment you gave bruce about the mouth, are you referring to yours or the prop?