Friday, March 29, 2013

"Say My Name, Please"- Me To My Sushi Waitress

Wednesday, March 27: Frisco, TX-Travel Day
Miles: 268
Lot: FC Dallas Complex Fields

On this morning's jump I was driving along, minding my own business, when all of a sudden I saw the flashing lights of a police cruiser behind me.
I waited a second to make sure he wasn't going to pass me, and when I verified that he was indeed chasing me, I pulled over to the side of the road.

My mind was racing as to why he would have pulled me over. I had passed somebody, but I wasn't speeding, and I had used the proper signals.
I woke Christian up and had him dig through my glove compartment for my registration. I don't have any lights in the cab of my truck, so I was using my iPhone's flashlight to see.
Later I thought that it must have looked pretty suspicious seeing a light moving around the cab while one guy frantically pulls stuff out of the glove compartment.

The police officer walked up and informed me that my taillights were out. My turn signals and brake lights were apparently operational, just none of the other lights on the trailer.
After confirming that it was ok to get out of my truck, I went back and gave my light connection a little jiggle, which solved the problem.

Luckily the police officer was very nice, and he only gave me a written warning and sent me on my way.
I made sure to keep an eye on the side of my trailer to make sure the lights were still on until the sun came up.

When I got to the lot in Frisco I saw that there was a man mowing the grass, so Ryan (who had been there for about 15 minutes already) and I had to wait for awhile to park in the back yard until he was finished.
I'm glad he did the job, I just wish he had done it yesterday!

As soon as I had parked, got Emmie set up, and showered, I went out to have some fun in Frisco.
I hit up three different malls in the Dallas area to visit GCX, a video game store dealing in older systems and games.
I picked up a couple of Nintendo and Super Nintendo games, which I was very excited about.

I also visited a couple of Half Price Books, as well as Movie Trading Company locations, the latter to look for Tales From The Crypt DVD sets for Ryan.

During all this driving around Dallas and perusing media stores, I also managed to get my hair cut.

Nico has been feeling sick since yesterday, so today Ryan and Tatiana took him to Durant, OK to go to the doctor.
Ryan called me with great news. Nico no longer has the C. Diff infection that he had at the beginning of the year.
He was sick from a simple bug that has been going around. Ryan and Tatiana were very happy, because the doctor in the Valley told them that Nico could be infected with C. Diff for a year.

Once I got back to the lot in Frisco, I picked up Radar, Elisa, and Pete, and we went to an English pub about a mile from the lot.
There used to be a great Irish pub in Frisco that we would always frequent, but it is closed.
The English pub was ok, but it was no substitute for the other place.


Thursday, March 28: Frisco, TX-Day Off

We didn't have shows today, but the tent was set up, and a couple of promotions occurred.
Ryan and I helped out with a PR that happened in the morning. The mascot from the local soccer team came over to play ball with an elephant.
Ryan and I were there to add color. And sex appeal.

After our PR we got cleaned up and I took Ryan and Pete to the book and movie stores I went to yesterday, and we also went to the mall so Pete could look at Macbooks.

After dropping Ryan and Pete back off at the lot, I went to do laundry. I had to drive aways in rush hour traffic to get to a laundromat, and the one I found was small and crowded.
To add to my frustration, one dryer didn't live up to its name. I put my clothes in a different machine and got out as quickly as I could.

In the evening Radar, Elisa, and I went for a sushi dinner. I was cracking up when I saw the names of some of the special rolls:


That's my kind of sushi!

2 comments:

Tejano said...

Steve, why dont you blog about your favorite places to eat during your tour? What foods you like, drinks, etc.

:)

Steve Copeland said...

Poncho's is definitely up there. Thank you for taking me two times!

Steve