Sunday, March 17, 2013

"Snooki Want Smush Smush!"- Snooki

Saturday, March 16: Pharr, TX-3:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 8:30 p.m.

Today my friend, Ramon, took me to lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant ever, Poncho's. I was so happy that I got to eat there one more time before we leave the Valley next week.
Ramon also just got over the flu, so we swapped war stories while eating delicious molcajetes.

This is our final six pack in the Rio Grande Valley. I guess I should have taken a few more days to recuperate so I would have missed it!

I made Pete laugh in the first show because I picked out a woman in the audience that looked like Snooki from "Jersey Shore".

The audiences today were making us work hard for laughs, but thankfully the third crowd was fantastic.

Tonight Mr. Fusco was reunited with a good friend that he hasn't seen in over 50 years. A mutual friend of theirs informed the gentleman that Mr. Fusco was in town with the circus; understandably they were both overjoyed to see one another again.
The Fuscos had a BBQ after the shows to celebrate. Ryan invited me to join them, but I declined so I could get rest for the three shows tomorrow.

One little anecdote before I close. Last night Pete was outside Ryan's RV during the show. A family in a truck pulled up, and the father rolled down the window to ask, "Hey, where are all the performers?"
"They're in the tent working right now," Pete replied.
"Can my kids get a picture with you?", the father excitedly asked.
Pete got a kick out of the fact that he was such a draw in his black jumpsuit. I guess Andy Warhol was right, everybody does get 15 minutes of fame.

No comments: