Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"The Best Part Of The Show, The Big Show, Is The Show Where They Put Up The Tent"- Radio DJ At The Tent Raising

Tuesday, March 26: Jasper, TX-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 78
Lot: Lions Rodeo Grounds

Harry Kingston was on the lot this morning to greet the show as it arrived. We caught up for awhile while I unhooked my truck and set up my duck habitat.
He was nice enough to bring a delicious cake that his wife made (Harry is a lucky man), as well as a book on Ringling in the tented days that I had never seen before.
Thank you very much, Harry!

I drove into town to go to the post office and to find a baby duck. Unfortunately Tractor Supply Company was out of them.

While I was driving around I was scanning through the radio stations, looking for some good music.
On one station I heard a man talking, and I thought to myself, "Self, that guy sounds an awful lot like Armando."
Sure enough, it WAS Armando giving an interview to the mayor himself via a live radio feed at the circus.

I had such a great performance for the first show, but then for some reason I was in a terrible mood for the second show.
Luckily talking with people at Intermission put me in a much better humor, and I ended the night on a more positive note.

I'm going to take the day off from blogging tomorrow since it is a "day off". Today was a travel day, but I blogged anyway because I'm just that awesome.

Please enjoy these wonderful photos of the lot that Chris Hamblen took from a helicopter in Jasper.
Thank you, Chris!








3 comments:

Harry Kingston said...

Steve,
As a circus fan I had the best time visiting on Kelly Miller ever.
You all are so nice to us fans and make us feel at home.
Mr North was a gracious host and what a winner of a performance this year.
Your clown gags were very well done and the best.
I can see Emmet, Lou, Otto, and Felix looking down on you two from God's big top with a big smile.
Very well done and I give you two the golden clown award for carying on a long circus tradition and being the pegs of the circus.
Thanks a million.
Harry in Texas

Steve Copeland said...

Thanks Harry, we'll see you next year!

Steve

Tejano said...

I did aerial photos and video for a construction project a few years back. As you are aware Steve, my petite size barely made it into the plane. Turning around to shoot photos was an adventure as i had to avoid knocking out the pilot with my elbow when I turned. A helicopter would have been nice....hmm, next year I will take my drone and use that to take video. :)