Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Quote Of The Day Was Too Long To Go Here...

"Can we have some of your nachos? They don't feed us! They just show us pictures of food and then spray us with a hose."- Me begging to a woman that didn't speak English

Tuesday, March 5: Sullivan City, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
Miles: 120
Lot: Vacant lot/Hwy 83

Last night we were warned that today's lot was less than ideal, but I think the warnings were worse than the actual lot.
Don't get me wrong, it was still a dump! There was dirt everywhere, occasionally broken up by patches of tall, itchy, dead grass.
The wind started blowing the dirt around this afternoon, but thankfully it wasn't nearly as bad as Roma. Still, we'll wait to clean the props until we're back on grass.

In the afternoon when we unloaded our props we noticed that one of the wheels was coming off the construction box. Sometime in Laredo the nut and washer holding the tire on must have fallen off.
I ran out to pick up what we needed; luckily there was a hardware store about six miles away. I was afraid I was going to have to drive 20 miles to either Rio Grande City or Mission.

The ground in the ring was terrible. I thought we were going to bounce out of the little car as we drove in for our carpenter gag entrance.
It was difficult to find stable footing for any pauses in the gags as well.

In the first carpenter gag I almost got uppercutted in the jaw by the slapboard. It came up and hit the front brim of my hat. Another inch and I would have been seeing stars....and Ryan solo clowning.
I made sure to move further back the next show!

Mike, the drummer, picked up a DVD of classic comedians (Laurel and Hardy, Abbott & Costello, the Three Stooges, Chaplin, etc) for me and Ryan.
I relaxed this evening after the shows by watching and learning. Thanks Mike!

5 comments:

ricardo said...

Just saw the saw was wondering what was the music you played on the trombone?

Steve Copeland said...

Hey Ricardo,

We play "The Tiger Rag" on the trombones.
I hope you enjoyed the show!

Steve

Anonymous said...

Is it the Clemson college fight song?

Steve Copeland said...

Indeed it is!

Steve

Anonymous said...

Go Gamecocks!!!