Friday, March 1, 2013

"What The Hell Was That?"- Pete, Referring To The Second Carpenter Gag

Thursday, February 28: Laredo, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
Miles: 90
Lot: Casa Blanca Ballroom

The jump this morning wasn't as bad as I remember it being last year. I think there was less construction this time around.

Our friend, Kelly, who was a Ringling clown with us, is working just down the road at the Laredo International Fair and Expo.
This morning I went on an epic quest to find the fair. I walked about a mile in three different directions before giving up and jumping in my truck to find it.
It turns out that I went the correct way on my first trip; I just needed to go about half a mile more and I would have found it.

A group of us from the show walked to the fair in the late morning. We saw the wild west comedy gunfighter show that Kelly is a part of, and after their performance he joined us as we continued to explore the fair.

Kelly had about six hours off before his next show, so he got to visit with us this afternoon. It was a lot of fun catching up with him.
He kept us company while we cleaned the dirt off all our props. Unfortunately the tent is set up on dirt once more, but I don't believe it will get blown around and stirred up like it did in Roma.
Knock on wood!

I was in a very wacky mood for the second show. I don't know if it was from lack of sleep or what, but my choices in the carpenter gag were pretty out there.
I created a running gag by doing a hat trick at certain points in the act. It seemed to work out pretty well, so I may revisit it at some point.

Towards the end of the gag, as I was running around out of control with the saw in my hand, I got the extension cord tangled on the little car.
When I ran over to untangle it (still working the saw in my other hand like it had a mind of its own), I just made things worse and also managed to tangle myself up in the cord!

I was very scared that I wouldn't be able to free myself before I was supposed to throw the saw at Ryan, but someone up there must have been looking out for me, because the cord seemed to magically sort itself out moments before the cue.

Never a dull moment on the Kelly Miller Circus!

No comments: