Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"I Need To Poop!"- Little Boy At Intermission

Monday, April 29: New Athens, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 70
Lot: Okaw Valley Park

The drive this morning took awhile because of traffic going into St. Louis, as well as a lot of areas with dense fog.
Crossing the river into Illinois, I couldn't see more than a few feet in front of me!

Today we were set up on another funky lot; I remembered it from two years ago. The tent and semis were in their usual places, and the performers' trailers were lined up on both sides of a little road leading to the tent.

There was a little creek running right by my trailer, but I didn't let Emmie swim in it because it smelled like sewage.

Our friend, Alex Zaprudsky, arrived this morning; he is going to be visiting for a few days. He baked some yummy lemon ricotta cookies for me and Ryan that did not last long.

The inside of the tent was strange today. The backdoor was at an angle from the ring, so some entrances and exits were funky.

The first audience was rough. Whoo boy, were they rough! At Intermission we were chatting with the local police and EMTs, and I was questioning one young, female EMT who was "afraid of clowns".
I asked her what her job was, and she responded that it was to help people. I then presented her with a hypothetical situation, "What if there was a clown bleeding to death on the side of the road, and you were all alone, and he was yelling, 'Please save me! You're my only hope! I'll die if you don't help me!' What would you do?"
She did not have an answer for me.
Note to self: Never get stabbed while wearing full clown make up and wardrobe in New Athens, IL.

The police were some of the friendliest folks we met all night. They invited us out to the bar with them after the shows, but we politely declined since we already had after show plans with Alex.

After the shows Tatiana made dinner for all of us, and we chowed down on the delicious food while watching a couple of episodes of "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia".

No comments: