Tuesday, April 23, 2013

See The Blog For Multiple Quotes Of The Day

Monday, April 22: Ellington, MO-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Ryan spent today painting the props that we latexed yesterday; they turned out looking great!

This afternoon I walked into downtown Ellington to run some errands. I went by the post office to send some money home, and on the way back to the lot we stopped in a pet store.
We ended up talking to the owners, a husband and wife, for awhile; the husband was a billposter for "Gopher" Davenport's shows in the 70s.
His wife let me hold a chameleon and a hairless rat; I drew the line when she offered to let me hold a snake.

There was a little pond next to the lot, so when we got back we took Emmie swimming. One section of the water was covered with thick algae, so we did our best to keep him out of it. I like his natural green hue just fine.

There was a man in the second audience who was the spitting image of Zach Galifianakis, the star of "The Hangover" and many other recent comedies.


He stumbled over to us at Intermission (under the influence of something) and asked to get a picture with us.
When we posed he bent over and began grinding on Ryan's leg. Ryan kept trying to move away, but the man's butt seemed to have leg seeking technology. 
After the awkward photo was over, Ryan quipped that he felt like we were in the film, "The Hangover".
The man leaned over to Ryan conspiratorially and asked, "How did you guys know I have a hangover?"

He then began to tell Ryan that he was a male stripper. I told him directly, "Sir, I'll pay you to keep your clothes on right now."
Undeterred, the gentleman continued his pitch, "I make $200 a night, and I don't even have to take my clothes off. Magic Mike had to take HIS clothes off. It's the way I dance. The ladies just love it! I don't know why!"

Needless to say, Mr. Galifianakis's doppleganger brought much enjoyment to our evening!

No comments: