Thursday, April 4, 2013

"You've Got To Pick A Pocket Or Two, Boys"- Fagin

Wednesday, April 3: Farmersville, TX-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 54
Lot: Fagin Field

I got off to a bit of a rough start this morning. While walking around my trailer doing my pre-departure check, I got lots of clay stuck to my shoes (apparently it rained more during the night), which I then tracked into my trailer.
When I jumped up into the cab of my truck, I spilled half my cup of coffee onto my seat and route slip, and then I got stuck trying to leave the lot.
I put my truck into 4 wheel drive, but it was too late. Castro came over with the Bobcat and pulled me out.

The drive to Farmersville seemed to take forever due to lots of stop lights and morning traffic.
The new lot was soft from the rain the area has been getting, so all the trailers were pulled up to the curb for an easy exit.

There was a little thrift shop and grocery store next to the lot, so I checked them out this afternoon. It's always best to take advantage of conveniences like that, I've found.
Besides that outing (and unloading our props), I tried to stay indoors where it was warm. It was another yucky day out.

At the first Intermission I met Jessica, a reader of my blog; she found it randomly on Blogger. Hi, Jessica!

Manny Casalino came back to see the show again tonight with his family. He's planning to try and catch us one more time in Ardmore at the end of the season.

It started to rain during the shows. It wasn't coming down hard, but I couldn't believe how quickly the backdoor and backyard became a nasty, muddy mess.
I can honestly say I haven't missed that at all!

This was our first time having to load the props while it was raining, and it was a real pain. Our main goal is to keep the big mouth as clean and dry as possible, which is far from easy with so many other props and so little space in the back of my truck.

After the shows we jumped to the next town. I was afraid I might have trouble hooking up my truck and trailer due to the soft ground, but it was not an issue.
Neither was leaving the lot; I put my truck in 4 wheel drive and pulled right onto the road.

When we got to Sadler we all parked in the parking lot of the high school where we are playing. The route slip instructed us that we would be pulling on (or pulled onto) the lot at 7:00 a.m.

No comments: